This post may contain affiliate links and products provided for consideration. For more information, visit our Editorial Policy.
Hair maestro (and Redken Global Creative Director) Guido Palau created the sleek low ponytail with a deep side part for Dior’s Spring 2018 Haute Couture runway show. Although ponytails are a fairly simple hairstyle, getting the hair sleek requires a certain skill – or at the very least, great products. To try the look for yourself at home, Guido recommends the following steps:
- Prep your hair in the shower with a glossing shampoo. (Redken recommends the Glow Dry Gloss shampoo & coordinating detangling conditioner)
- Create a deep side part using a fine-toothed comb
- Apply a heat protectant to your hair (Redken recommends the Satinwear 04 Smoothing Blow-Dry Lotion)
- Blow out your hair in sections using a round brush. Point the dryer downward at the crown in order to keep your hairline frizz-free.
- Once your hair is fully dry, use a boar-bristle brush to shape and smooth your hair into a low ponytail.
- After securing the ponytail with an elastic, cover the elastic with a strand of hair from underneath the ponytail and secure it with a bobby pin.
- Finish with a medium-hold hairspray to clean up any flyaways around the hairline. (Redken recommends the Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray)